TEFL & Language Centre
Professional Education - Educational Consulting
Terms & Conditions
1. You and we are expected to show reasonable flexibility in arranging your hours of work, within the limitations set out in 2 and 3, below.
2. When you join a LCC Project program you may be expected to work the normal school or office hours. Your hours will typically be spread over a five day working week, and should not normally exceed 6 hours a day. You should never be required to work for more than a maximum of six days a week. Accommodations and Food
3. The LCC is responsible for providing your accommodation and food for the period of your placement.
4. Our staff has to obtain permission from and register you with local Police and immigration authorities to enable you to stay in local accommodation during your placement. It is a condition of their permission that you should not invite guests (either local or foreign) to stay overnight at your accommodation without prior approval from the relevant authority. Failure to adhere to this condition will be a disciplinary matter and will be dealt with according to ‘Complaints and Disciplinary Procedures’ below. Insurance
5. We don’t provide any insurance. The volunteers should be insured by a regularly travel insurance from their country Complaints and Disciplinary Procedures
6. We will be flexible, helpful and friendly - in particular, we will try to help you with your work if you’re trying hard, but still getting into difficulties. Nevertheless, formal complaints procedures (by you) and disciplinary procedures (by us) are necessary.
7. If you have a problem or complaint to do with your work, please discuss the matter first with your supervisor at the teaching or project placement. If it is not resolved in this way or if it is to do with your accommodation, please discuss the matter with our senior organizer.
8. Every reasonable effort will be made to resolve any disciplinary matter before it becomes serious. However, we reserve the right to take appropriate action in the event of behavior, which would reasonably be expected to give offence to host, pupils, fellow-teachers, project managers or work colleagues. This includes behavior such as serious rowdiness or drunkenness, failure to turn up to work, or leaving work without any adequate reason, or in the event of an unreasonable inability, from whatever cause, to do the work expected.
9. A disciplinary problem would be brought to your attention in writing, or if you were not contactable, delivered to your accommodation address. If the problem still stood after five working days (or shorter period if urgent), a further letter would be sent saying that, if the matter was not resolved to our satisfaction within further five working days (or shorter period if urgent), you would be repatriated as soon as we could make the arrangements. Should you wish to stay in your destination beyond that date, the LCC would have no further responsibility for your food, accommodation, insurance or travel arrangements. It would be at the discretion of LCC to suspend you from your work during any disciplinary process. Amendments, Cancellations and Curtailment and Late Payment
10. Amendments or cancellations may be notified to the LCC office by email. Our office will provide advice on changing air tickets but our staff cannot be expected to take responsibility for changing them on your behalf.
11. Extensions, provided they involve no change of project or program, are charged at the prevailing extra week (surcharge) rate published on the website current at the time that an extension is requested. No amendment fee will be added to any extension charges where there are no other changes.
12. If you stay on your placement over your invoiced duration we will charge you an additional amount per week to cover your food, accommodation, and support.
13. Our charge for an amendment is normally US$110 a week plus any costs incurred by us.
14. You must pay all amounts due to LCC First Project two months before departure, where “departure” means the preferred departure date indicated on your original application or any new date agreed in writing, and send by an email to LCC First Project for whatever reason.
15. Please note that your booking is accepted on the understanding that you come on the program at your own risk. It is not possible for us to be responsible for the actions or omissions of those involved in your program over whom we have no direct control, such as employees of airlines, transport undertakings and others. Equally we are not responsible for loss or expense due to war, riots, strikes, terrorist activities, natural disasters, or bankruptcies (or similar) of unconnected third parties.
16. LCC Project is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, or other irregularity which may be caused by defect of any vehicle or other equipment, other than its own, or the negligence or default of any company or person engaged in carrying out or performing any of the services involved, other than our own staff.
17. Please note that we give you all reasonable assistance to obtain visas, visa renewals and work permits, when they are needed. However, these are arrangements between individuals and a state and are not under our control.
18. Please note that our volunteers are issued with visas, where applicable, and are registered, where applicable, in their chosen country on the basis that their work is purely voluntary. Doing paid work while on a LCC Project is illegal; if the relevant authorities find you have organized paid work they may take action against you, and this would also be a disciplinary matter.
19. Please note that all services and accommodation are subject to the laws of the country in which they are provided. Projects Abroad reserves the right to make changes in the agreed itinerary whenever, in their sole judgment, conditions warrant, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of the volunteer. Projects Abroad also reserves the right to withdraw without penalty any program announced.
20. Please note that LCC Project reserves the right to decline to accept any person as a volunteer, or to require any participant to withdraw at any time, when such action is determined by the appropriate Projects Abroad staff representative to be in the best interests of the health, safety, and general welfare of the program or of the individual participant. In such a case, LCC Project accepts no responsibility for any airline cancellation penalty incurred by the purchase of a non-refundable ticket or any other cost that you may incur.
21. Dates, schedules, program details and cost are given in good faith, based on information available and in force at the time they are given and are subject to change and revision in the event of a change of circumstances. In the event that LCC Project is unable to provide a suitable placement of the type requested, we will instead offer an alternative placement and will refund any difference between the price paid for the project placement and the price charged for the alternative placement in the country in question.
22. Proper Law and Jurisdiction – The proper law of the contract between us is Thai Law. The courts of Kingdom of Thailand shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract.